Friday, June 13, 2014

Deck of 56 Thanks yous- Father's Day Gift




So being the procrastinator I am, I'm just now doing my husbands gift. This is from me, not my kids, to say thank you. I've seen this done once or twice but it's usually with I love you because... We've been married for three years and together for eight, I think he gets all the reasons I love him. I tell him all the time.

But I don't always get around to saying thank you. For big things or little things, sometimes it gets missed. So I'm giving my husband 56 thank yous.

First find a deck of cards. I had a random set and decided to use it, although I like the whole map thing going on.

I wrote out my Thank You For...on a piece of paper then cut them out. I wouldn't use too thin of paper though, because even the thick paper I used became kind of transparent when I put Mod Podge on it.
 


I then put a little bit of Mod Podge on the middle of the card, or where ever you want it, and stuck the paper to it. After it was in it's proper place, I covered the whole card in a layer of Mod Podge. You want to cover the WHOLE card because it leaves lines or a texture of sorts. This also helps the paper stay stuck (I had a few corners try to come up on me).



Let your cards dry for a good little bit. You don't want them to end up sticking to each other, I let mine dry over night but an hour works too. Once dry, get a hole punching device and punch a whole in the corner of each one. Make sure that the words are all going the same way. I wasn't paying attention and a few of mine are upside down.

 


Then put a binder ring or ribbon through the holes and BOOM you're done. I'm sure every husband would like this, and if you know he's feeling under appreciated just hand him his deck of cards. You could also use these for playing cards if you wanted to. I put my Thank Yous you the number side but you could also put them on the design side.

Simple, and only takes a few hours!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment