Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Circle Letters

So I've been wanting to do some type of alphabet for my daughter room and haven't figured out what I wanted to do. My brother-in-law has this HUGE TV box in our storage room that I've been wanting to get rid of. I decided I would do an Alphabet out of it.

I thought I would start with one letter, to see if I liked it and what I could maybe do.

First I cut out the letter. I freehanded it but I'm sure that if we wanted to do something more fancy we could. I was aiming for simple this time around.

I have this circle punch I used for an 'UP' type project and decided to use it again. I also have all this scrap book paper, that I won't be using scrap booking. That whole phase just isn't my cup of tea.
 
 


I punched a bunch of different prints and tried to get different flowers and such. Then I laid them on the J I had cut out. Once I got how I wanted it to look, I slightly lifted each dot and put a touch of Mod Podge on the under side. Once they were all layer on and dried, I coated the whole thing and BOOM. A net little letter.


I plan to do my daughter name this way JOY but the rest of the alphabet I'll do slowly with a single piece of scrap book paper. Her name will stick out from the rest of the letters. I enjoyed this little craft, it was easy, and something I could do during the day when I got my ten minutes without being needed.

 
I debated on if I should cut around the circles so it would be a smooth J. My husband really liked it with just circles, so we decided to keep it this way. My daughter LOVED it, but she's two and loves almost anything I make and give her. I'll try to post a pictures once I have the whole alphabet done.

No comments:

Post a Comment