Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Marker Art


My aunt taught me how to do this when I was really young. I thought it was awesome but it took a long time to be able to do them well. I will start these when my daughter and I have coloring time, but never finish them. I thought I would complete one when I found a bunch of markers.

First I used tracing paper to get my design and name on the cardstock, but you can also use regular computer paper.



I then outlined everything with a fine point black marker. This is to keep the orange from bleeding into the color I use first. You don't have to do this step, I just prefer it, helps keep the design neat. I than colored the inside orange.



I looked a bunch of different brown and greens together before choosing which combination I wanted. Then I started outlining the outline. You alternate colors and keep doing this until it all connects. In the end it kind of makes its own design.



You don't have to use just two colors. I like to do this in rainbow, or whatever color my daughter picks out next for me.  You can also do simple writing, with out having the colored in part. It's really up to your own creativity.

 
 
ALL DONE!! Hope you enjoy!! This is a simple thing to make, but it does take time. Usually my hand hurts before I get tired of drawing.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment